1.0 Hire Instructions
- Please bring photo ID on collection of your bike box.
- You may collect and return your bike box between 6pm and 8pm (Please note: Our Marlow Location may differ betwean 8:30am - 5:30pm. Please contact for further details). Out of hours times can be arranged on request.
- Although our bike boxes are heavy duty products and we accept general wear and tear, we ask that due care is taken when handling and travelling with them. As the hirer you are responsible for the security and safe keeping of the bike box and items packed inside for the duration of the hire period.
- Avoid storing your bike box in wet conditions.
- Only use approved TSA locks or cable ties to secure your bike box to avoid expensive damage by customs.
- Remove all delivery/flight labels/bar codes on return of your bike box.
- Please return your bike box in good condition and with all items intact ie internal crush pole, foam padding and straps. Lost or damaged items (including parts and the bike box) will be charged at retail price plus postage.
- Report any damage in transit to the appropriate authority immediately to support your insurance claim. Please take photographic evidence.
- On return please empty your bike box of any extra padding, rubbish and dirt.
- Return your bike box in the packaging provided if using a delivery and collection service.
- Please respect your fellow riders and return your bike box on the agreed date. If you are delayed through circumstances out of your control please notify us as soon as you can. Late charges of £6.00 per day per bike box will apply. After 3 days this charge will be doubled to £12.00 per day per bike box.
The Bike Box Hire Co. does not insure your bike or other items packed inside the bike box. Please speak to your travel insurance provider to ensure your bike, the bike box and personal possessions are adequately covered.
We do not accept any liability of damage caused to bikes or equipment whilst in our bike boxes. However we do guarantee our bike boxes are the safest option for transporting your bike.
3.0 Charges and Cancellations
1. The hire charge per day is £6.00
2. A full day's rate is charged for the 'hire start date' and 'return date' to avoid bookings overlapping on the same day.
3. A full refund (minus a £5.00 admin fee and Paypal charges where applicable) will be given upon cancellations with 7 full days notice prior to your hire date. Cancellations made with less than 7 days notice will be subject to a £25.00 charge. Cancellations made with less than 24 hours notice will not be refunded.
4.0 Delivery & Collection
- When booking your hire please allow extra days each side of your travel dates to accommodate reasonable time for delivery, packing and collection. We require your HIRE dates not your TRAVEL dates.
- Local delivery and collection charges are charged at £3 per mile for one box up to a maximum of 20 miles from SL7 1TZ. Additional boxes going to the same address are charged at £10 each for delivery and collection.
- Same day local deliveries will be accommodated whenever possible.
- Delivery and collection times to suit can be arranged. We can not be held responsible for late delivery due to unforeseen circumstances due to bad road or weather conditions. If we are running late you will be notified as soon as we are aware and every effort will be made to get to you as soon as possible.
- We reserve the right to deliver your bike box earlier than your hire date to accommodate other deliveries in the same direction. We will always call you to arrange this in advance with no charge for extra days.
- We reserve the right to pass a local delivery on to a third party delivery company if we do not have a driver available or our van is fully booked.
- Bike boxes will be left in a safe place or with a neighbour if you are not at home. Please notify us if you have a preference. It is advised that you are there to accept your bike box delivery in person if possible.
- We reserve the right to charge for failed delivery or collection attempts if the fault is with the customer and again for second attempts. The fault being an incorrect address supplied, no reasonable access or no safe place as described.
- Please arrange collection and return times in advance as we are sometimes out of the office on deliveries.
1. We do not store credit card details nor do we share customer details with any third parties.